Mother’s health is the most important aspects of life for ladies everywhere. No one can underestimate the benefits one can gain from eating right, exercising right and the peace and harmony it brings to your mind and body.
These easy tips are the best ways for a women to get in shape physically and mentally.
- Keep calm and hydrate: Staying hydrated leads to healthy physical and mental functioning. Drinking lots of water during the day is also key to keeping yourself fit from the inside out.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Maintaining a healthy weight is important for your overall well-being. Being underweight / overweight can significantly increase the risk of several chronic diseases and can reduce the quality of your life.
- Get Moving: Women must make sure to get at least 45 – 60 minutes of exercise every day to keep the heart functioning properly. Exercise improves your bone health, sleep, and quality of life. Aerobic exercise which includes walking, jogging, bicycling and dancing are good for women’s health.
- Eat well, live well: Women are prone to neglecting our own dietary needs as priority is placed on taking care of others. However, you must ensure that you get all the nutrients you need from the foods you eat. Add a variety of fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, meat, fish, poultry, low-fat dairy products, and lots of nuts. Do not skip the most important meal of the day. Limiting foods that are high in sugar & salt. Eating smaller portions spread out over the day. Being careful about how many carbohydrates /fat you eat. Eating a variety of whole-grain foods, fruits and vegetables every day. Avoiding alcohol, tobacco.
- The two forgotten minerals: Apart from calcium, Zinc and Magnesium are two other minerals that are most needed by women’s bodies. Deficiency of Zinc impairs the immune system, which results in thinning of hair and acne. Magnesium, on the other hand, is most essential as it helps with sleep, bone health, and may also help in relieving premenstrual symptoms, anxiety, and migraines.
- Build a support circle: Studies show that social circles of friends and family increase your likelihood of surviving health problems, increase your level of happiness and even help you live longer. The best way to build a support circle is to be a part of someone else’s support circle. That way you can be there for each other.
- It’s OK to say NO: Learn to say NO without feeling bad about it. The earlier you learn to say this, the better your health will be.
- Reduce Stress: A mantra that every woman should tell herself is “I will not stress over things today”. Making time to take a few minutes every day just to relax and get your perspective back again is something that is recommended by several studies. This can be by reading your favorite magazine or listening songs or by gardening. Also try breath in and breath out exercise.
- Regular check ups: Health screenings are an important way to help recognize problems in the body – sometimes even before you show any signs or symptoms. Even if you feel well, early health check-ups and screening tests can not only spot signs of serious diseases and conditions but also have a better chance of successfully curing or effectively treating them.
- Get your sleep: For a productive day at home, or at work, or even at the gym, it is imperative that you get a good night’s sleep. Insufficient sleep not only brings down your productivity but also affects the mental and physical state of your body and overall, wellbeing. While 8 hours can be a luxury, a minimum of 6-7 hours is vital.